Sunday, April 13, 2008

March 28, 2008


As I’ve mentioned on various occasions in the past, there are times when the Muse just doesn’t come to visit me. This week happens to be one of those times.

So much has been happening that I haven’t even had time to make notes about what I would like to share with you, as I usually do. (I can’t depend on my memory any more…)

Occupancy in the town was at 100% for the last couple of weeks, so I didn’t leave the house except to go to the vet’s for some pet food. And the newspapers were busy reporting all that hoopla, along with the usual political back-and-forth accusations.

Other headlines that gave me a chuckle this past week were: "Residents and businessmen of Colonia Emiliano Zapata refuse relocation of vendors" (that part I have left to my colleague Francisco, so that you may read his take on one particular aspect of it), "Civil servants training to separate waste products" (i.e. organic vs. inorganic), and the one to top it all off: "Fountain in Plaza Pitillal may disappear".

Now you may recall that I’ve mentioned a few times that the trees they planted on the cement slab that covers the underground parking garage built where Pitillal’s pretty main square used to be …were dying, like the ones along the extension of the Malecon. Now the trees look a little better, but it appears that the fountain that was installed there never worked. The local delegate said that they were thinking of removing it as it was «not well built from the get go, no filters, etc., and it would cost too much to do all that is necessary for it to work». Hmmm… seems like a déjà vu, doesn’t it?

The politic-ese language baffles me. I truly believe that all politicians, regardless of the country, must attend the same school, where they are taught to speak for a long time – without saying anything. Amazing!

Before I become really nasty, I think I’d better change the topic, sort of. It’s about the trees, the primavera (with the gorgeous bright yellow blooms) and the amapas (with the pink blooms) to be exact. The former bloomed in February, lost their blooms, and now I’ve seen them blooming – again! That’s a first. I couldn’t explain it if I tried.

Aren’t anniversaries fun? Imagine, eleven years! Geez, and to think that I’ve been there since shortly before its beginnings… Wow, time sure flies when you’re living in "paradise", don’t it?

Have a wonderful week, dear readers, and don’t let yourself be «fool»ed – either with what you read, or anything else this Tuesday – except for Bingo. That’s on for real, on Tuesday. See you there! pvmom04@yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home