Sunday, February 24, 2008

Feb. 16, 2008


They say that "when it rains, it pours". This was indeed the case in my life last week. It felt like a whirlwind of activity, from one event to another, one restaurant to another, relatives and friends and houseguests… and then it all stopped, for one day, before starting up all over again.

Before I forget, I want to thank each and every one of you (you know who you are) who complimented me through phone calls and emails on the cover photo of last week’s issue. I too was happy to see that it was used.

Once again, I’ve been told that "my" space has been reduced due to the amount of announcements that had to be published in this issue, but I do want to mention one important POSITIVE item: Last week, we received direct communication from the representative of the municipal Department of Culture, Sr. Wally Lobato, who promised to inform us AHEAD OF TIME of the events organized by his department. Now, I ask you - wouldn’t that be wonderful, for a change? I spoke directly with the gentleman. He seemed to understand our plight. I just hope that he fulfills his promise, unlike his predecessor, Sr. Izazaga, who also promised but never fulfilled… You will note that our Calendar of Events is much more informative this week.

I am writing this on Valentine’s Day and I hope to celebrate it doing something relaxing - for a change, like a nice, relaxed, home cooked dinner at Mama Dolores’ Diner. I attended the amazing R.I.S.E. fundraising event. What I do not understand is that they ran out of food within one hour and 15 minutes of starting, something that happened at the Altruism Festival too. You would think that the excellent restaurants that participate in the event, donating so generously, would at least take the number of tickets sold (i.e.: the number of people slated to attend) into consideration when preparing their sample fare… My friend and I left hungry, so we went to the Peninsula for some … food.
In case you’re interested, the other restaurants we visited over the last while, apart from Azul 96 (see separate article in this issue), included Espresso’s on I. L. Vallarta (still the best calzone and linguini with clam sauce around), Mama D’s for brunch with Luc and Louise, Café Bohemio, the buffet at Hacienda Alemana Frankfurt (always a full house), Agave Grill and Teatro Limon (both to the absolute delight of our out-of-town visitors), and a newcomer, Marco’s "Beach House", obviously on the beach, between Fidencio’s and El Dorado on Los Muertos beach. What a find! Comfortable chaises, cool towels brought to you to refresh you, salads served in bowls large enough to feed a group and oh so fabulous, wraps and drinks and sandwiches, all with superb service… If you’re down that way, try it out!

That’s all the space I’ve got for now. Gotta get mentally ready for Len’s big bash tomorrow, and then the Noche de las Luminarias, the QuesaDivas, etc. etc. See you at Bingo on MONDAY! Hasta luego.
pvmom04@yahoo.com

P.S.: I just realized that I've never posted the Tribune's online web site address, so for those of you who'd like to keep up to date with the goings on in Vallarta, just log on to www.vallartatribune.com Sorry about that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home